Tuesday, January 3, 2012

KNIVES | TOJIRO FLASH CHEF'S KNIFE

Like a lot of foodie tragics, I buy the cookbooks of the world's best chefs. It doesn't matter that I am hopelessly ill-equipped to match their culinary genius. I can look at the photos and marvel at each component and the artistic composition on the plate. I can read the recipe and imagine how each component tastes, then imagine all of the flavours and textures working in harmony. There is one thing I can do that puts me on equal terms with a chef like Heston Blumenthal - and that is to use the same knife that he does. This is a Tojiro knife. It is constructed of 63 layers of Damascene laminated steel. The moment I held this knife, I knew it was something special. The balance and weight seemed perfect. It's hard to explain the pleasure from working with a knife like this - so I won't. Just trust me. It is a beautiful knife.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment