Thursday, June 24, 2010

BARRAMUNDI WITH ZUCCHINI TIMBALE, AIOLI & HEIRLOOM TOMATO SALAD

Not sure what I'd rate as Mexico's greatest culinary gift to the world. I reckon it's a toss up between two foods, tomatoes and chocolate. Not much chocolate in this dish. But some lovely heirloom tomatoes from the North Sydney Growers Market. Some bright coloured, sea-flavoured line-caught barramundi from one of the local fishmongers. Some small zucchini from the fruit shop next door. And I have to say, the best aïoli I've yet made. The garlic in this one was almost caramelised, and I used an old sherry vinegar - both of which have added an extra depth to the taste. The timbale is dead simple. Grated zucchini, eggs, parmesan & salt. Prepped in five minutes. Cooked in 20.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment