Saturday, February 12, 2011

TEQUILA Y SANGRITA

Hacienda del Cristero is one of my favourite tequilas. It is white. Some people prefer reposados or añejos for the softening that wood ageing gives them. Blancos, though are the purest expression of tequila - and this is one of the best blancos. I have seen many different recipes for sangrita - literally, little blood. My favourite is one from Club de Industriales in Mexico City, using tomato juice, orange juice, onion, jicama, fresh serrano chillies and other goodies. There is another style made from seville orange juice (or valencia and lime juices), with grenadine, powdered chilli and salt. That is what I made today - basically because I didn't have any tomato juice. If you like tequila but don't know sangrita, Google a recipe and have a go at making some.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment