Saturday, April 30, 2011

TARRAGON CHICKEN WITH GRATIN DAUPHINOIS

Felt the need for something classically French - and it doesn't get much more classic than this. I bought a bunch of tarragon and some Dutch cream potatoes at the James Street Market in Brisbane this morning and this Alstonville chicken from Paul at Jack Sprat's Butchery yesterday. I know French women aren't supposed to get fat, but I can't see how they don't with all the butter in classic French cuisine. However, as they say, fat is good. Funny that potatoes are pommes de terre in France. All I can imagine is that the potatoes they first tasted must have been unusually sweet or the apples starchy and bland because otherwise I don't see they could see any similarity between pommes and pommes de terre.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment