Thursday, July 28, 2011

RED-THROATED EMPEROR WITH BABY CAVOLO NERO AND MASH

The world needs more places like Sydney's Fratelli Fresh. You can eat proper Italian food at Cafe Sopra then go downstairs and buy great vegetables, cheese and bread to take home. This time around, I bought these leaves of baby cavolo nero, which I sweated very gently in olive oil with a little garlic. The red on the red-throated emperor isn't on what I'd call the throat, but higher up near the gills - but, hey, I understand that red-neck doesn't sound very imperial. Come to think of it, that would be better suited to a more common fish. Red-neck mullet, anyone?) My favourite panko crumbs, fluffy mash, squeeze of lemon juice and flakes of sea salt ... and that's a pretty tasty simple dish.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment