Wednesday, November 9, 2011

SWEETLIP WITH MANGO & HABANERO CHILLI SALSA

There's a TV fisherman in Australia by the name of Rex Hunt. Rex is best know for his quaint habit. Before releasing every fish he catches, Rex gives it a kiss on the lips. Actually, that's not totally accurate. I'm pretty sure he doesn't extend the lip kiss to sharks. Now this is a custom I'm happy to leave to Rex. I like eating fish. I have no desire to kiss them. If I did, I might be able to tell you if this species really does have sweet lips. I doubt it. I expect they're no less salty and fishy as other species, so I have to wonder how they came to be called sweetlip. It's early in the mango season here, when they still have a bit of an acidic tang to them - prefect for this salsa of mango, chilli, eschallots, coriander and lime juice.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment