Tuesday, November 29, 2011

FISHCAKES WITH TWO SALADS

My mum used to be a pretty good baker of cheesecake. She'd make regular cheesecake and chocolate cheesecake - often for birthdays. Sometimes she'd bake sponge cake. For some birthdays we kids would ask her to make tri-coloured sponge cake - a layer of strawberry, one of vanilla and one chocolate. I have become pretty good at making banana cake, made with lady finger bananas from our neighbours' farm. I don't think my mum ever made fish cakes for birthdays. I can't imagine ANY kid being happy to be served fish cakes for a birthday cake. It's a good thing it's nobody's birthday today, because I have cooked fish cakes. No candles. Just a squeeze of lemon juice, a dollop of aïoli, some cherry tomatoes and Lebanese cucumber.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment