Thursday, March 15, 2012

LAMB SHANK WITH SEBAGO MASH AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS

I keep a number of master stocks in the freezer. There's a Chinese master stock with star anise, orange peel, shaoxing and other goodies. There's another stock I use for oxtail and cheeks. And this one I use for lamb shanks. Each stock gets richer and richer and when I have too little left, I top each up with the core ingredients. Sebagos are large potatoes with white flesh that make a very fluffy mash. Not the healthiest of mashes, with lashings of butter and cream, but oh so sexy. And Brussels sprouts ... I know they have a bad rep, but sautéed rather than boiled and cooked until just tender rather than soft and mushy makes all the difference. Proper old-fashioned comfort food
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment