Monday, June 4, 2012

STEAMED CORAL TROUT WITH CHINESE SPINACH

I wonder how a fish that looks nothing like trout ends up being called a trout. Maybe it's irony - the same irony that has bald guys being called Curly, tall guys Shorty and fat guys Slim. Or maybe not. Anyway, I wonder about it, but I don't stress over it. It's called what it's called. I simply steamed this trout-that-doesn't-look-like-trout. Talking of names, Chinese spinach goes by a few different ones throughout Asia, so I've simple called it by its English name. It was cooked in a wok with peanut oil, light soy, black soy, chilli bean paste, ginger, garlic and chillies. I also cooked some ginger, garlic and chillies in a little peanut oil, light soy sauce and shaoxing which was poured over the fish after plating up.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment