Wednesday, September 21, 2011

THAI SALAD OF TEA-SMOKED SALMON, PORK SKIN AND HERBS

Ever have those days when, in a quiet moment, you take stock of where your life is right now and think "there's something missing"? Well I had one today. Rather than wallow in self-pity, I decided to do something about it. Yes, I haven't been cooking or eating enough Thai food - and I had to fix the situation before it got completely out of hand and dragged me down into its black hole. The first taste of this salad, the chillies, fish sauce and lime juice assailing the taste buds, the smokiness of the fish, crunch of pandan-flavoured pork crackling and peanuts, the enthusiastic freshness of eschallots, mint and coriander ... ah, I felt better straight away. The world is a much better place this morning.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment