Friday, December 10, 2010

SNAPPER WITH BABY TOMATOES & CARAMELISED TOMATO VINAIGRETTE

I love the name for snapper in Mexico - huachinango. There is something musical about that word. It sounds like a dance. I thought of this when chatting with Shane, our local fishmonger. He had bought this monster snapper at the fish markets this morning. I did not ask him, but the fish must have weighed 6 or 7 kilos because I bought one whole filleted side of it and that was pushing 2 kilos. I left the skin on and cooked it in butter, mostly skin-side down so it developed a crisp texture and turned this deep brown colour. The flesh was only just cooked through, so it remained flaky, sweet and moist. I had bought a great caramelised tomato balsamic vinegar (Robinvale, for Aussie readers) at the weekly markets and this seemed a natural for a vinaigrette with the baby tomatoes. A simple mesclun and avocado salad on the side. Summer bliss.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment