Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ADOBO TUNA WITH GRAPE TOMATOES

In Australia, we love diminutives. Mosquitoes become mozzies and presents becomes prezzies. In Mexico, they also seem to like diminutives. Instead of Gregory, my colleagues called me Goyo. But then they changed that to Goyito, which means little Goyo. Funny that it is longer than Goyo. I thought of this whilst contemplating these tomatoes. Grape tomatoes are baby tomatoes. But then I am not sure what to make of these baby grape tomatoes purchased at Fratelli Fresh in Sydney. Baby baby tomatoes? They look bigger than life size in this photo because they are nestled up against smaller than usual chickpeas. Small, but not baby. From the size of the tuna fillet, I would say that the fish was not a baby. The wine we drank with it was.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment