Monday, May 23, 2011

CHICKEN TACOS WITH SERRANO SALSA

There are a lot of things I miss about Mexico. One of those is the corner taqueria. I liked the smell of the freshly cooked tacos, the design of the big cream machine that rolled out the discs of dough and cooked them. I loved the heat of the tacos through the paper in which they were wrapped. I loved the flavour of fresh tacos - incomparably better than the last-forever supermarket ones. I loved the fact that a kilo cost 3 1/2 pesos - about 30 cents. There is an upside to the lack of fresh tacos here in Australia. If I want some, I make them from scratch. Pretty simple, really - if you use the ready ground corn flour especially designed for tacos. 1 3/4 cups of masa harina to a cup of water. Divide into 15 golf ball spheres. Press in a taco press. Cook on a cast iron griddle.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment