Saturday, August 21, 2010

CONFIT OF OCEAN TROUT, CAULIFLOWER PUREE & SPRING VEGETABLES

I never know what I will bring back from the Saturday markets. Today it was ocean trout, baby organic carrots (these are about 6-7 cms long),  beetroots (about 1 1/2 cm diameter) and big fat asparagus. Also a small cauliflower. The ocean trout was cooked at 50C for 45 minutes in a bath of goose fat, olive oil, grapeseed oil, lemon zest & garlic. The cauliflower puree is a sensational mix of eschallots, garlic & cauliflower sweated in butter, chicken stock, thyme, salt & pepper. Given my need to boost my antioxidants, here is a plate with 3 really good sources of them - the fish, the beetroot and the carrots. (And yes, I know it we are still a couple of weeks away from spring - but try explaining that to a vegetable.)
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment