Monday, August 23, 2010

PANCETTA, QUARK, TOMATO & CAVOLO NERO PIZZA

Some people struggle with bitter foods. I am not one of them, but I have to acknowledge that such people exist. I am married to one. Well, guess what. I have found a way to get Sharon to eat cavolo nero. The funny thing is I cooked it exactly the same way I have cooked it in the past. The only difference is that after being sauteed in olive oil and garlic, it was scattered over this pizza before serving. If quark is not familiar to you, it is cottage cheese. But this version is a lot richer in flavour than many commercial cottage cheeses. Some really soft flat pancetta bought at Fratelli Fresh and small organic tomatoes from the local markets. Pizza base recipe from John Lanzafame.
Pizza Modo Mio
Share/Bookmark

1 comment: