Saturday, January 7, 2012

ROAST CHICKEN WITH 2 VEG

I don't know about you, but when I see menu descriptions like roast chicken with 2 veg, I have memories of RSL clubs, country pubs, school dining rooms, hospitals, soup kitchens ... not that I have experience of all of these. Yes, roast chicken with 2 veg is an accurate description, but it doesn't really do it justice. The chicken is the front half of the Alstonville chicken cooked last night. I salted the skin and left it to draw out moisture, then patted it completely dry so the skin would crisp up nicely. One of the veg is steamed broccolini. The other is actually 2 veg in one - mashed Jerusalem artichokes and sebago potato. The glossy brown stuff on the left is garlic jam ... which might count as another vegetable. Or maybe not.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment