Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ADOBO CHICKEN WITH ROASTED CORN SALSA AND MORA CHILLI AIOLI

Some of you have seen our pantry. You will know how it is crammed with ingredients. You will also know that quite a few of the jars on the shelves contain chillies. I am not sure how many different chillies there are in there, but I would guess 30. Some of my favourites are the smoked chillies. There is the pasilla de Oaxaca which is thin-fleshed and has an intense smokiness from being smoked over fern fronds. There are the chipotles, which are thick-fleshed jalapenos smoked over mesquite wood. And there are the moras and moritas, which are serrano chillies given the same treatment. I made an adobo, a thick paste, based on some moras. I then blended some of this paste with a roast garlic aioli. The chook was marinated in the same adobo, but this time blended with coconut vinegar.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment