Monday, November 1, 2010

PANKO CRUMBED CHICKEN WITH BEANS & BABY ZUCCHINI

Remember when zucchini flowers were a novelty? Neither do I. But I am pretty sure they were. At some point in time. I remember I used to buy big bunches of them in Mexico - and at my age, remembering anything beyond today is an achievement. For some reason, we only used to see male ones over there, whereas here it is almost always the female flowers with the fruit attached. We mostly see the long thin green variety of zucchini here. Occasionally the variegated spherical guys. It was a great surprise to see these baby yellow zucchini in the markets. This dish started with these great vegetables. I had to buy some chicken thighs for dinner last night. It seemed churlish to buy just 2, so I had a couple to use tonight. A couple of other things thrown in and that is dinner taken care of.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment