Monday, March 21, 2011

GLAZED QUAIL WITH SNAKE BEANS IN CHILLI PRAWN SAUCE

Eating quail reminds me of Tom Hanks eating corn in Big. The shape is recognisably bird, but rendered in miniature. Sometimes quail is served whole - which is a pain in the butt. I challenge a neurosurgeon to display the manual dexterity necessary to carve a whole quail with knife and fork. I find it easier to cut off the legs and slice the breast and wing off the carcass (which I use to make quail stock). This way, a diner has at least a fighting chance of getting quail to mouth without accident. These pieces were marinated in red wine, treacle, garlic, ginger and roasted chilli paste. The snake beans were wok tossed with a little quail stock and crispy prawn chilli paste - one of my favourite Thai condiments.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment