Tuesday, March 29, 2011

RED EMPEROR WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES AND AIOLI

Not much required by way of cooking notes here. I could stop right there. But like a person who says "my next guest needs no introduction", you don't really expect me to stop there, so I'll go on a bit longer, although there's really not a lot I want to say about this dish, since it's basically fish, admittedly very nice fish, from tropical Queensland waters, with panko crumbs - which you know by now are simply coarse bread crumbs - and you can probably see the vegetables I have roasted but in case you can't and to use up some additional space I'll tell you what they are starting with kipfler potatoes, and these started cooking first, so it makes sense to list them first, then butternut squash, which went into the oven next and came from our lovely neighbours Tom & Wyn and then finally zucchini, because they don't need a lot of cooking, and then I plated everything up and added a dollop of roast garlic aioli and a squeeze of leon juice, which isn't visible in the photo, plus salt and pepper.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment