Thursday, May 20, 2010

DUCK CURRY

I really need to start writing down the recipe for my green and red curry pastes. First, if I did they'd be consistent. Second, when I do a good batch, I'd be able to reproduce it - which I guess is the same as point one. The point of these points is that this is a good batch of paste - but I don't recall what I did. The only thing I know is that I didn't grind the paste as smooth as usual, so there are occasional crunches of lemongrass and chilli and other bits. And it's VERY rich. Lots of stuff going on in the mouth. Cheated by buying half a Chinese red-glazed duck. Does that make this take-away food? Maybe. Thai basil from the garden. Really strong aniseed notes. I'll have a go at writing a recipe of sorts for this.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment