Saturday, May 15, 2010

WAGYU SIRLOIN, ESCHALOT & VINEGAR SAUCE, POTATO PUREE

There isn't a better tasting slab of beef than wagyu - at least not here on Oz. I've had some grass fed black Angus from Tasmania that comes close. Close but no cigar. Decadently rich flavour, great texture, magic. A bit of 25 year old sherry vinegar and some eschalots seem to counter the meat's fat. Well at least that's what I tell myself. I'm not sure there's anything that can take on the slippery luxury of wagyu fat and win. Royal blue potatoes for the puree. Talking of puree, my computer seems to have lost the ability to add acutes, graves, umlauts and other non-English language flourishes whilst I've been away. Anybody sees a homeless umlaut anywhere, please send it home.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment