Sunday, May 30, 2010

TERIYAKI MACKEREL WITH UDON NOODLES

Udon noodles. Big fat slippery buggers. Heated in a stock of dashi, light soy, dark soy & salt. The stock is simple to make and once you've removed the noodles, you can freeze the stock until next time. Teriyaki is also simple. Three parts sake, three parts mirin, three parts soy sauce and one part sugar. Bring to the boil. The longer you cook it, the thicker it becomes so you can choose a light teriyaki or one that's more like balsamic glaze. Mackerel's around at the moment and is a perfect fish for Japanese flavours & techniques. I guess this might also count as a healthy dish for those watching their diet - not something I worry about TOO much. I don't eat crap, but I'm no food Nazi. If I eat more, I simply exercise more. (And if you're not exercising so you can indulge in more food, then why on earth are you going?)
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment