Sunday, April 8, 2012

POLENTA & EPAZOTE CRUSTED SNAPPER WITH CHARRED TOMATO SALSA

Five years ago I was quite excited to find a local herb growing with epazote seedlings. An important herb in Mexican cuisine, I hadn't seen it here in Australia until that day. I planted the seedlings in a couple of pots and a few months later I had some very large and leafy plants. I dried what leaves I couldn't use fresh. And at the end of the season, I collected the seeds - thousands of them. I needn't have bothered. The following spring, plants started popping up in and around the original pots - and between pavers, sometimes many metres from the original plants. It really does grow like a weed. I added some ground leaves to the polenta and dusted these fillets of gold band snapper with this mixture. The flavours of this dish are classically Mexican, even if the recipe isn't.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment