Saturday, April 21, 2012

REEF COD, BORLOTTI, CHERRY TOMATOES, CARAMELISED TOMATO BALSAMIC & PESTO

There's a local tomato farmer at our weekly markets. At the height of the season, he sells all sorts of wonderful heirloom varieties. Now, halfway through autumn, the variety is reduced but the flavour remains. These little cherry tomatoes remind me that tomatoes are fruit, not vegetable. They are so sweet that I love just popping one as a snack. I slow roasted these with sugar, salt and extra virgin olive oil. I slowly braised these fresh borlotti beans (also from the market) in EVOO, water and garlic until the small amount of water evaporated and the beans slightly caramelised. I also bought a huge bunch of basil at the market and whipped up some pesto. The caramelised tomato balsamic is made by Ribbonvale in Victoria and is delicious.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment