Monday, May 28, 2012

BEEF CHEEK WITH ROASTED CAULIFLOWER MASH

If you haven't tried cooking beef cheeks, have a go. Dead simple and delicious. Butchers will denude them (remove sinew etc to leave just the meat). I put them into a deep cast iron casserole with red wine, veal glace, cognac, star anise, garlic, salt and pepper to cover the meat. I placed some dampened baking paper over the top, put the lid on and baked for 6 hours at 125C. That's it. I cut a head of cauliflower into florets and put these in a singe layer in a tray and brushed with olive oil. I added this tray to the oven for the last 1 1/2 hours of cooking the cheeks. I peeled and boiled 1 large sebago potato and drained this. I then combined the potato and cauliflower with about 100 gms of butter, salt and pepper and puréed.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment