Monday, April 26, 2010

PRAWN LAKSA WITH CRISPY PRAWN CHILLI PASTE

The Malaya restaurant is a Sydney institution. The original was up near Central Station. They served all these intensely pungent, often searingly hot dishes in an incongruous room with red flock wallpaper, mock antique carriage lamps and with Al Martino crooning away in the background. I think it was about 1972 or 73 when I first ate there. I became addicted. They opened a second Malaya in North Sydney. It became a regular lunch haunt. It was especially good after a big night. The recuperative properties of laksa and Tiger beer mightn't be recorded in medical journals - but I can attest to their efficacy. Anyway, this is my version. Homemade laksa paste, naturally. Recipe to follow.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment