Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SUCKLING PIG TACOS

I barbecued a suckling pig for Christmas last year. There was some meat left over so the following day I did some tacos. Usual suspects for condiments - fresh tomato salsa, guacamole, pickled red onions, jalapeƱos en escabeche (using an old Diana Kennedy recipe). I don't mean to imply that Diana Kennedy is old. But I am sure the recipe is. I often make my own corn tortillas, but a tortilla aficionado could identify these as commercial ones. Definitely not as good as home made. I must have been feeling lazy. Or pushed for time. Or both. Or neither. I did some tea-smoked salmon tacos for the same meal.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Does this recipe has something to do with your old memories of Mexico? Do you miss Mexican tacos? I don't think so, yours look delicious!!! It would be nice to try them, hehe, sorry for the distance!
    Hugs from Mauricio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mauricio. Yes I do miss Mexico - and the tacos. But I enjoy cooking a lot of the things I recall. In fact, I'm thinking about a barbacoa tonight since I bought some goat at the butcher. Take care. G

    ReplyDelete