Sunday, October 2, 2011

BARBECUED CHICKEN, WEDGES AND SALAD

One thing I have learnt (and I haven't learnt all that much) is that there's nothing fickler than a fickle fourteen-year-old and there's no amount of fancy food that is ever going to impress them the way a hamburger does or a plate of chips. So here's a dish that's about as simple as I can do. Okay, it's not completely plain, but close. The chicken was marinated in olive oil, chilli, fennel seeds and lemon juice. The wedges of sebago potato were boiled about 3 minutes, drained and then roasted with melted butter. Just describing it has taken more effort than actually went into cooking it ... so I'll stop.
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Your blog makes me feel very hungry. It's delicious. By the way, that was a great rugby match between Australia and Ireland? I was shouting cheers of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UB, sorry I make you hungry. And yes, a good game. The best thing about the World Cup is the chance to watch great games from past events on cable. Looking forward to the France/NZ final. Thanks for your comment

    ReplyDelete