Sunday, October 2, 2011

DRY-AGED RIB OF BEEF WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES

As a species, I think I am right in saying that it is only we humans that like to dress up our food. Other critters find it, dig it, pick it or kill it and then eat it. We, on the other hand, like to trim it. stick little doily things on it (I'm thinking lamb cutlets and standing rib roasts), scatter pretty microherbs over it and generally embellish it in some way. Presented with a magnificent slab of dry-aged beef, I was sorely tempted to tamper with it. I resisted. Nothing more than a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper and then over the coals. To accompany it? Unadorned roasted baby Dutch cream potatoes, cauliflower and asparagus. Okay, there's a dollop of Dijon mustard lurking just out of picture, but otherwise, tonight's meal is presented naked.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment