Wednesday, October 12, 2011

VERDURE IN BRODO

Verdure in brodo in Italian. Verduras en brodo in Spanish. Vegetables in broth in English. Take your pick. I used the Italian because the artichokes dominate this plate (if only because of their size relative to the other vegetables here) and I associate artichokes with Italy. Hold on. Come to think of it, I recall seeing an awful lot of artichokes in Spain. AND a lot of chickpeas. So maybe the Spanish would be better. Or maybe Bhutanese. Or Swahili ... okay, here's what I'll do. I'll tell you how I prepared the vegetables and YOU decide what language I should use - the artichokes were poached in chicken stock, lemon juice and olive oil. The chickpeas were boiled. The asparagus was steamed. Maybe that's more Spanish than Italian. But hold on. I grated parmesan over the finished dish. And that's definitely Italian ... I give up. Vegetables in broth - and off to sip another glass of red.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment